Sunday, 15 April 2012

Work in progress!

Ok, Since we live in a rented property and we are very limited in what we can do decoration wise. Man would I love to own my own home the feeling of security would be amazing! Anywhoo I have wanted to do something to Senan's room for ages now and 15 months later I have finally gotten around to starting on the project that is.... PAINTING SENAN'S COT. This is to you may not seem like a big job but my friends..... its bloody well is, considering he sleeps in this at night and during the day (this being when I would usually get stuff done, crafting, cleaning etc.). So I will show you it so far.


This is how it looked before I began sanding it, priming it. sanding it... you get the picture :) I do actually like the shape and size of the cot, I just hate the colour.


I sanded it really lightly with medium sandpaper just to take the shiny layer off the varnish. Then I used Crowne All Purpose Primer. I done a light sanding with light sandpaper and primed it a second time. The back headboard and foot board parts were simple but the bars were a pain in the bum.

Ideally I would prefer to take the cot apart but because he needed it that night I knew it would be too hard to put it back together again. I done the priming first thing in the morning and opened all the windows (three of them in each room) at the top of the house to ventilate.


This was it after the second priming, I know I should do the lats but I figure why should I the mattress will be on them right? Insert laziness :)

I bought Crowne One Coat paint. Darn you Crowne One Coat you do in fact require more than one coat and are very hard to work with. I will need to paint it again but that will have to wait :( booooo, tear!


This is it with the paint. You can't see in the picture but there was brush strokes all across it arrrg even though I didn't overspread the paint, I tried to apply more paint and it started to drip! Woah frustration!

I'm hoping to get it finished but in the mean time I have started on the two tall boys (dressers) for the room.
I will post photos ASAP.

Painty hands,
Becks xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment