Monday, 7 November 2011

How to be a cloth diaperin' momma!

Hi Guys,

I thought I would post about my diapers (or nappies as we call them in the Ireland). I use cloth/ reusable nappies for loads of different reasons and here they are :

*They are better for babies bum as they have no harsh chemicals or unnatural substances
*No rashes and harsh marks on babies legs
*They are cheap as chips 
*They are better for the environment

I discovered cloth nappies from a parenting forum I use.
The most basic is the pre fold.This is basically a rectangular piece of cotton with a layer or two of extra material sown down the middle for extra absorbency. These are closed with a nappi nappa or snappi. And covered in a wrap. Here's a pre fold on my little man. Closed with a snappi and lined with a flushable liner.



When I say I use cloth nappies people always think of the way they're mother's or Granny's used terry clothes, giant safety pin's and waterproof covers. Re-usables have come along so much and take the same amount of time to change. At first it did take me a little longer to change but now I can change him just as fast. The covers and nappies are so cute, colourful and different. I don't like to be the same as any one else :). Here's some pics of some of the nappies covers (wraps) I use on Senan.



I love this lady bird one with the little flowers, a little girly but what they hey :)


here's another one of a frog in a pond :)

Hope you like, let me know if there's something I missed or you would like to know :)

Love Becks and sleeping-in-the-carrier-in-my-arms Seny Weny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment